Thursday, August 8, 2013

HOW LOVE WINS



       ONE DAY WITH THE KING
The jovial and hopeful smile was no longer there. In its place was a long gloomy face covered with stress lines and sunken teary eyes. My days too were dark and long and my nights flooded with tears. Basic needs such as food, rent, school fees and clothing were hard to come by and I was in serious debt. My health too was fleeting away. I remember passing by a blood donation center and submitting myself to donate some blood; I desperately wanted to do something good. Upon checking my blood level, the attendant informed me that I could not donate. He advised me to feed well and rest.  I was devastated, but I knew it was true. My once fitting trousers and skirts were now sagging. I was depleted and not just physically but spiritually and mentally too.


Believing to find a better day, I moved from job to job, but none of them worked. They all came with great promises and delivered nothing. I deeply longed for a new day in my life, I longed for peace, happiness and for the assurance that things were going to be okay. I looked for solutions everywhere, from empty bottles, purposeless relationships and worthless work, all of them left me broken, broke and disgusted.


Then I reached my breaking point. I could not go on like this any longer. Things had to change, and change for the better.


Completely hopeless and helpless, and with no other choice, someone pointed the Palace to me. I was ready to give anything and anyone a chance in exchange for a better day, just one perfect day in my life. I made my way to the Palace. The high gates were well guarded but no one stopped me. On the contrary, the guards ushered me in like a valued visitor. 

As fragile as I was, I started walking down the aisle towards the throne where the King was seated surrounded by his servants. Upon seeing me, the King in his grace and majesty arose. He looked at me with such warmth I wanted to run into his arms and never leave but I was afraid. I felt I did not deserve to be in his presence. But as I got nearer to the throne, the King took a step towards me and stretched out his scepter. I knew instantly that he accepted me as I was; I was finally in good hands. I touched the scepter and fell into his warm embrace for an eternal hug. His warmth filled my stone cold body. His peace flooded my disturbed mind as he run his fingers through my hair. His heartbeat, beating against my racing one calmed me down as my tears soaked his royal gown. 

I had never known such peace, such joy and an overwhelming sense of freedom and belonging. Then with the softest of whispers, he breathed into my ear ‘welcome home child’. I never wanted to leave, I never did.


With his arm around my waist, he took me round the Palace to show me everything he had stored up for me.  The promise of peace, joy and health, a great marriage, a thriving and impacting ministry, a life of purpose and prosperity were mine to have. My eyes welled up with tears at the thought of how much I had taken myself through, how much I had led a self-life while there was so much for me to enjoy and to give.


That day, as I walked out of the Palace gates, my step had a new bounce; my heart resonated with a new song,of hope,of hope,of renewal. My mind was filled with all the great ideas I was going to explore and fulfill. My spirit had been reborn and with it a brand new life. My one day with the King had given my entire life meaning, and I was going to live it up!




2 comments:

  1. Its the loving and saving grace of God that took me from death to life, from a life devoid of purpose to a life of purpose, from confusion to clarity, from self-life to sacrifice, from darkness to light and from tears of fear to floods of joy...be inspired fro he has got a plan for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its the loving and saving grace of God that took me from death to life, from a life devoid of purpose to a life of purpose, from confusion to clarity, from self-life to sacrifice, from darkness to light and from tears of fear to floods of joy...be inspired fro he has got a plan for you too.


    ReplyDelete